JEE-Main Rank Or Scorecard
After the result declaration, candidates will be able to see their rank or scorecard on the CBSE website. The rank and score of Paper-1 of JEE (Main) will be declared by 30th April 2018. Applicants can download their rank/scorecards from the JEE-Main official website http://jeemain.nic/in. We will provide JEE Main Rank Predictor 2018 after the JEE Main exam 2018.
How to Download the scorecard:-
- Visit the official website http://jeemain.nic/in.
- Enter your JEE-Main roll number and date of birth.
- Click on submit button.
- Now you can see your JEE-Main score, Rank and qualifying status for JEE-Advance.
- Your JEE-Main scorecard is also available for downloading with the result.
- Use the download button and get your JEE-Main scorecard.
- No scorecard will be sent through mail, SMS, or by post, candidates need to check through online mode.
- Candidates must carry the rank card with them at the time of counseling.
- The scorecard shall contain the all India Rank, Name, Roll number, category wise rank, marks obtained.
How to calculate JEE Main score and rank
JEE Main Score = 4 marks x number of correct answers – number of wrong answers x 1
Your rank will be affected directly by the score whatever you get in the entrance exam. This means that when the score is high, the rank is also higher.
If two or more candidates score equal marks in JEE-Main, then tie-breaking or inter-se-merit will be applicable.
- If candidates obtain better marks in mathematics in the JEE-Main exam will be the higher rank.
- Thereafter, candidates with better/higher marks in Physics will be given a higher rank.
- After that still tie is existing then we take the ratio of positive marks and negative marks secured by the candidates. Those have the higher absolute value of the ratio will be given higher rank.
- After this the tie is not broken yet, then candidates will be given the same JEE Main rank.
- If candidates obtain better marks in Aptitude Test in the JEE-Main exam will be given higher rank.
- If the tie doesn’t break then, the candidates who have secured higher marks in Drawing will be given better rank.
- The ratio of the positive and negative marks secured by candidates in JEE-Mains Paper-2 will be considered.
- If still there is a tie, then similar ranks will be allotted to the candidates.